Covid-19 Grant ApplicationTown of Berlin Main Street District
COVID-19 Grant Application Guidelines & Eligibility
All grant applications are due by 5pm on Friday, March 19, 2021
Grant Program Overview: This Grant is offered by the Town of Berlin and the Berlin Main Street Program to assist the downtown district and Main Street designated businesses fund COVID-19 related expenses and/or enhancements. The grant is available to businesses and commercial property owners only.
All downtown/Main Street designated business and property owners will be reviewed first. Businesses located outside of the designated Main Street district will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Value of Grant Awards Grant awards will vary with the minimum grant award of $2,500.00 and maximum grant award of $10,000.00. Grant awards are subject to change based on the number of eligible applications received.
- Must apply for a minimum of $2,500
- One-time grant award with no repayment due (This is not a loan)
- Limited to one award per business entity.
- Criteria used to award grant funding will be determined on immediate need and necessity.
- Both property owners and business owners may apply for awards for the same property address.
- If you are not in good standing with the Town of Berlin, Worcester County, or the State of Maryland, you MUST apply for funds to clear your debt. Debts includes outstanding bills for Town of Berlin utilities such as water, sewer, and electric.
- Installation of Curb-Side Ordering Doors/Window for both retail and restaurants
- Permanent awnings, patio or deck installation, or repairs to use for outdoor dining or shopping
- Upstairs ADA accessibility including chair lifts, build outs, or expansions for more space
- Outdoor tables, racks, or heaters
- Outstanding debt such as rent. Other debt coverage will be determined on a case-by-case basis
- Air ventilation installation unit(s) including permanent upgrades or portable unit(s)
- COVID-19 supplies: Hand washing and sanitizing stations, personal protective equipment (PPE), and signage for COVID-19
- Additional equipment for carry-out orders and packaging for retail establishments and restaurants
- Adding additional phone lines for carry-out orders
- Hiring delivery drivers for merchandise and food deliveries or additional staff
- Hiring a graphic designer to market COVID-19 business changes (i.e., new ways of conducting business)
- Hiring a designer to re-configure stores or restaurants to accommodate social distancing